July 2, 2010

Look Who Is Romancin' Me!

Hey all! :)

So after a few weeks of not posting much I am back :) and super pumped because I got the Droid smartphone, and can update my blog from my phone :) :) oppss... maybe i should have said that because now i might be held accountable for more updates, if i get the app working.. lol :)

I dont have much time to fully talk about the things that i have been working on in my life, but i will write more in-depth about them in the next upcoming days :) But here are the things that i am working on!
-Loving Myself For Who God Made Me To Be
-Discernment
-Livin' my Single life to the fullest
-More prayer and prayer journaling

Dont worry you will hear more about those in the upcoming days! :) But right now, since i am home from YTM i have been feeling a pull to dive deeper, and make my relationship with God and Jesus a romantic one. As noted by the Title! Haha dont worry there isnt another guy, this is about my amazing creator! :) So i will leave you with this article that i found that really spoke to me and i did pass it on to a few of my close friends who would appreciate this :)
http://www.lifeteen.com/blog/holy-romance-4-ways-you-can-start-your-romance-with-god there is the link for ya! Here is the little excerpt that i loved....

"In the meantime, God wants to romance us. He says in Hosea 2:14, “Therefore, behold, I will allure her, bring her into the wilderness and speak kindly to her.” God has an adventure planned for your single years. If you are not focused on Him, you may miss the opportunity to find His blessings. Here’s 4 ways you can start your romance with God:




1.Every relationship needs communication. If you want to have a healthy relationship with God, start listening to what He wants to tell you through His word. Check out the daily mass readings on LifeTeen.com or use an outline that guides you through the Bible in one year (It’s only 4-6 pages a day).

2.Evaluate your activities and try to find hobbies that bring you closer to God. Writing poetry and keeping a journal can help you release stress in your life. Try writing what you are grateful for and your prayers intentions. In a few months, revisit them and see how God answers you.

3.There are a few things to keep in mind if you decide to date. First, ask yourself what your motives are for dating. Keep an open heart and evaluate if your romantic relationships are drawing you closer or farther away from God. Always pray and discern if God wants the relationship to lead to marriage. Knowing marriage is in the distance future, ask yourself if the relationship is a good idea for your emotional and physical purity.

4.Read books that helps strengthen your faith (ask your YM or CORE for ideas). You can find books at the Life Teen online store or check out Life Teen blogs/podcasts/videos online." This is taken from LifeTeen.com
 
What are your thoughts?
God Bless,
Ashley

1 comment:

Kami said...

These are my thoughts, as I recently wrote about this very topic in a blog entry:

http://www.mybeautifulday.net/2010/06/it-all-happened-when-my-heart-got-lost.html

You are fabulous and I love you dearly! Hoping you are doing well! :)