July 26, 2010

"Even Though I Walk, Through The Valley, Of The Shadow Of Death, Your Perfect Love Is Casting Out Fear.."

Hey all,
In my post a few weeks ago called "Crazy Love" about my on going struggle to come out of a dry period in my faith life. I just wasnt feeling God, feeling his presence at all.

And now to my amazement.... He has shown me that He is right here with me :)

I hear Him and see Him in my friends all the time, and I am so grateful for God giving me wonderful friends. I see Him with the people and residents at my work. I have learned to see Him in the small things, and I now realize that everything that happens is because of Him. The words I speak are not my own, the things I do are not my own, they are all for the Glory of God. :)

So many things have been happening that have forced me to put my trust in God 100% and leave it that way, its challenging, but i feel reassurance through it. I've come to realize that making decisions, doesnt only revolve around me, it revolves around Christ's will for my life :)

"Ironically" enough my mom came home from her NYC trip yesterday, and she brought me something... They visited St. Patricks Cathedral and she brought me home this bookmark. The book mark is of Mother Teresa, and it has a medal of her on the top of it :) Immediately I loved it! Then I realized Mother Teresa's story.... for those of you who are unfamiliar with her story, she gave up everything and went among the poorest of poor to serve because God told her to do so. She was an amazing woman, but what most people dont know is just like you and I... she fell into spiritual darkness, for years on end, but she overcame it. Through all of this she continued to serve God and Glorify Him, even if she wasnt hearing Him or knowing He was there. :) Sooo cool! :)

"Holiness is not the luxury of the few, it is a simple duty, for you and for me"- Mother Teresa :)

God Bless,
Ashley

No comments: