July 11, 2010

Here it is!

Hey all! :) Here is my Life And Dignity Of The Human Person talk :) This amazing church that we belong to has 7 different social teachings that you will learn about this week at camp, one of my “favorites” that I feel passionate about is the Life and Dignity Of Human Person. The definition of this social teaching is:


We as Catholics believe that the dignity of the human person starting from conception through to natural death. They believe that human life must be valued infinitely above material possessions.

To break this down a little more, everyone should be respected and treated equally, loved for who they are, just as Christ loves us. Our wonderful maker, God loves us so much too that He created us in HIS own image! In Genesis 1 it talks about how God created this world, the main part that I think is amazing is that in Genesis 1:27 it says “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.” Now picture this…. Say every time you looked at someone you saw Jesus’ face! Would you treat them with respect and love? Or would you turn the other cheek? Like the Bible says everyone is created in HIS image, so as much as we love God and Jesus and they love us why not share that love with other people?! Ahh ha you see where I am going now?!



Now I just want to leave you with an amazing verse that talks about how much Jesus loves each and every one of us, and how he knew how precious and special our life is, before even our parents did!



"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5



Woah sweet huh!?! Seeing that Christ loves us so much, why not share that love with everyone else?! Show everyone they are special in His eyes, and respect and honor their dignity as a Child Of God.

God Bless,
Ashley

No comments: