November 15, 2009

Prepping For NCYC 2009- "Christ Reigns" Kansas City, MO

NCYC NOVENA

To be prayed for the nine days preceding NCYC, beginning on Tuesday, November 10, 2009.

Lord Jesus Christ, Risen Savior, King of Kings, Son of God, Son of Man, I come before you just as I am, acknowledging my sinfulness and my personal weaknesses. I know that without you I am nothing, with you, I am everything. I place myself in your presence. I bring to you my prayers, my wants, my wishes, and my desires.

Lord, I believe in you; increase my faith. I trust in you; strengthen my trust. I love you; let me love you more and more. Guide me by your wisdom, correct me with your justice, comfort me with your mercy, protect me with your power.

Lord, enlighten my understanding, strengthen my will, purify my heart, and make me holy. Give me good health in body, soul and spirit.

Help me to rise above my human weaknesses, and to continually grow stronger in my faith and belief in you. Help me to conquer anger with gentleness, greed by generosity, and apathy by fervor and caring. Help me to forget myself and reach out toward others. Make me prudent in planning, courageous in taking risks. Make me patient in suffering, unassuming in prosperity, and forever attentive to you and your will for me. Let my conscience be clear, my conduct without fault, my speech blameless, my life well ordered, and my love for you unending and unwavering. Let your Holy Spirit dwell within my heart. Allow me to experience your Father's love.

With praise and thanksgiving, and with the confidence of knowing that you hear my pleas, I also place before you the following needs.

(Pause to insert your own particular needs and intentions.)

And most especially, I pray for our pilgrimage to the National Catholic Youth Conference. Keep us in your care during our travel, during our stay, during our waking, and during our sleeping. Let our time and efforts be productive; our words and our actions filled with compassion, care, and love.

Allow me to be a bearer of your peace; allow me to be your hands, your feet, and your voice. Teach me to speak your words to those who need to hear you. Teach me to reach out to those that need your touch. Teach me to walk confidently down the paths you have set before me, even though I may have no idea where they lead.

Father, I abandon myself into your hands, not only during this pilgrimage, but for the entirety of my life; do with me what you will. For whatever you may do, I thank you. I am ready for all, I accept all. Let only your will be done in me, and in all your creation... I wish no more than this, Lord. Into your hands I turn over my soul, my mind, my life, and my entire being.

I love you, Lord and I praise you. I shall follow as your disciple every day of my life. Through your Spirit and your church, continue to teach me your ways. I desire to live in you, with you, for you and through you, now and forever.

Amen.

Compiled by Matthew Robaszkiewicz 2009, National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry
 
NCYC novena :) praying it every night! :) Its so amazing and i cant wait!
 
LOVE! :)

No comments: