November 23, 2009

NCYC & Changes

Hey All! :) IM BACK! :)

Sooo many people have been asking me about NCYC and how it went...and man Kym was totally right.. you cannot explain it. But im going to try my best!

-We arrived at about 3:00 pm in Kansas City. Got to the hotel quick to change and drop off our stuff and then headed to the conference center.
- General Session I walked into and seeing everyone and all the music by John Angotti made me cry, along with my jaw dropping... Unbelieveable!
-Went to different workshops, such as A Catholic Comedian who was hillarious!, and to Mark Hart the bible Geek! :) Both amazing!
-General Sessions continued to raise the bar :)
-Jason and Crystalina Evert Spoke on Saturday night which brought me to tears... They are my idols and their message is so powerful and so true! Look up Jason Evert on youtube, you wont regret it!
-Steve Arigsano, and Jesse Manibusan were AMAZING emcee's :)
-I MET JASON AND CRYSTALINA! :) I completely freaked out and was in awe by them! :) I got a picture with them too! Plus Crystalina gave me her email adress and said that they would send me copies of their books to give out at my purity ball, and that i should let them know the dates to speak (If they can fit it in their busy schedule)
- Went to Reconciliation and Adoration
-Heard amazing teen speakers! My Favorite was Philip Ryan, he had an inoperable brain tumor which eventually just went away, along with other miracles from God... Sooo amazing!
-Took part in mass with 21,000 other catholic youth! Communion took 40 mins, and there were 140 clergy men persiding! :)
-HAD AN AMAZING TIME! :)

NCYC was so unbelieveable and so wonderful. I learned so much, the major one being that I am not alone! There are so many other Catholic's just like me! :) Completely blew me away!

Thank you for all who donated time, money and prayers for me and our delegation over the trip! They helped so much! Thank you all for this amazing opportunity!
 Here are some pictures.... :)













Now on to the changes aspect of this blog.... Here is a note that I wrote and posted on my facebook, hopefully this gives you the jist of what exactly went on... :

'Hey Everyone!
It has come to my attention that many of my status updates about my faith have been taken the wrong way. To some it was considered "Shoving it down peoples throats". I would like to apologize for those coming off that way. I honestly did not mean for the status' to come off in the wrong was and i am very sorry that people felt that way about it.


To me my faith is SO VERY important, and i just wanted to inspire and help others. I did not mean for it to be taken as me forcing people to be just like me. I know everyone is different that is for sure.



It has also come to my attention that lots of people still really enjoy reading my posts etc... well you people are in luck! :) I am going to continue blogging about more faith oriented things, inspirational things, struggles, life, God, Catholocism, my life, and so much more on my blog! :) I hope that all of you read it, by your own choice. Please visit www.highschoolcatholic.blogspot.com to read all that i have to say.



To me i just want to proclaim God's amazing message to the world, but i dont want to frusturate/irritate or hurt anyone in that process. I sincerly apologize if you were offended or hurt by any of my posts, that was not my intention.



If you choose so please let me know what you think of my blog posts! That would be soo appreciated to see that they are reaching someone and that someone actually gets something out of it. :) Please feel free to comment here, on my blog, message me with any questions/comments/concerns and email me at ashleywalz@gmail.com.



Thanks and God Bless All Of You :)'
 
So this blog is going to be my life, and i really hope to keep up with it! Sometimes its hard to sit down and take time to type and all of that, but honestly I dont just do it for me, i do it for the people that i can reach, help and hopefully inspire. Thank you so much for your loyalty to reading my blog and all its contents. And i apologize if i have offended anyone of you as my readers.
 
ON A LIGHTER NOTE!!! Since at NCYC i had a wonderful opportunity to stock up on a few books (6) my youth minister and I are doing a social experiment :) We are both going to read the same book, but we divided it up into chapters. Going every other chapter, so i am the 1st! :) I will post my interpretation of the chapter on my blog here, and then she will post her interpretation of the next chapter on her blog. I am really excited and glad that Kym came up with the idea! :) So please visit Kym's Blog to see her interpretations as well as mine on here. I can definately tell you that you will for sure get lots of things out of Kym's blog, she is an amazing mom, wife, Catholic, youth minister, smart, funny, and truly an inspiration to many. I hope you like our soical experiment! Let us know what you think, comment here or email me at ashleywalz@gmail.com :) 
 
Lord---
Thank you so much for all you do for me and my family. You truly bless me on a daily basis, and you open up doors for me in all different ways. Thank you for the AMAZING experience at NCYC, let us all be the light in the darkness, shining for all to see. You are an amazing God, who does so much because he loves me and all of you. Please continue to bless my writings here, and the eyes and people who read them. 
In your name,
Amen 
 
God Bless,
And please let me know what you think! :)
LOVE!
Ashley

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Oh Wow sounds like you had an amazing time! Thanks for sharing and I know it's probably so hard to type on a blog especially when you throw emotions into it but you did a great job!

As far as people thinking you are "shoving religion down people's throats", well all I can say is this: You have every right to live, act, and talk about your beliefs. It is in the Declaration of Independence! If they have a problem with it, that's really their problem. ;) Anyways... keep strong, live out your faith, and God bless America!

Love,
Jessie