April 11, 2010

Practice What You Preach

Hey All!!! :)




SO here I am!! I am really to stay on top of this blogging thing haha :) life is crazy but yet i want to share it with all of you on my blog. Sometimes that is hard to do because i dont know what to write, or to say, or if people ACTUALLY read this ya know?? I want to do something important with my life, make a difference, but right now i am focusing on realizing that GOD has a PLAN FOR MY LIFE! Which is such an amazing thing, but for me being impatient and waiting for his plan dont work out too well all the time. I am really working hard to be more open to Him, and being patient! Right now living in a GO GO GO society it is really hard to take the time and be patient and just listen, but that is what all of us need to do! Especially myself!!! :) I graduate in a little over a year and truth be told it scares me sooo much.... so as of these past few days i am starting to try harder and harder each day to open up to God's will and hear him when i pray, letting him lead me. I know this last year at home is not going to be easy for me, my family and friends, but God so has a plan for all of us. I have noticed that i tell other people that it is all in God's plan, but i need to realize that i need to focus on what i am saying to others and live it out more devoutly in my own life.



I am and always have been a HUGE people pleaser! Im not gonna doubt that, im just gonna flat out say it because its the truth. Everything i do i always need to feel the acceptance, or approval of other people. And im getting sooooo sick of being like that! Its something that i have always done, but want to change so bad! So thats my other prayer, to stop caring about what other people think and be ME! And i know i have said that before, but right now at the point i am in my life, it is a big time for lots of discernment. Lead me to where you want me to be-with college-careers-future vocations, lead me Lord. So here i am Lord, your faithful follower, lead me.



Realizing that this society and world we live in today is all about ME ME ME. Is what is portrayed, which should not be the case. I am really hurt by the sterotyping of teenagers and young adults in this world today, all people think is that we get drunk, do drugs, party too much, text constantly, are rude, sleep around and only think about themselves. I pray that people will realize that there are teenagers and young adults who do not care solely about themselves. I am meeting other teenagers and young adults in this world who really want to make a difference, who are in to their faith and who will eventually--God willing-- go on to change our world, by being disciples of our Lord.



So now since i bared my soul to you about my HUGE discernment(s), i challenge you this week to realize the big things in your life that you have to or have decided to discern and how that is effecting you. I have learned that discernment is a long process, be faithful and realize that God has a plan for you, but in his time only! Believe me! I am still learning that one!!! :) What challenges your faith when you dont get answers right away? What do you feel the need to discern? What are your Road blocks in discernment? Take a significant amount of time with God in silence, and reflect on these questions, because He knows whats right for you, and all he wants to do is talk with you.

Im going to be working on practicing what i preach here, so stay tuned for an update--in God's time that is ;)



Open your hearts to hear him, its the best thing you can ever do.

God Bless you all!,

Ashley

--

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."-Jeremiah 29:11 :)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

A couple of bible study friends and I call these our "Ah HA!" moments. :) Sounds like you had a couple of ah ha moments yourself lately!