February 7, 2010

When you hear God's voice

Ever since i went to confession last week i feel that God is speaking to me. At first i thought it was just a subconconious thing ya know? Like "Oh yeah i was just thinking about it, its nothing.." Its a difficult thing to describe to you readers but i will try...

When i am thinking about things in silence, like in class where i normally keep to myself, i will just be thinking about random things but then a Bible verse will come into my head, or a song, or just simple words. For example.... I was in Math class on friday and went to the restroom (TMI i know! :) lol) and i was thinking about college and what i am going to do with my life and all of those kind's of things, and i start to semi-panic.... and then all of a sudden "Be NOT afraid" has entered my head, and i feel at peace. And i stop in my tracks..  Like God is trying to tell me "Ashley its ok, I've got you, its gonna be ok, dont fear." I am stunned and have no idea what to think. So then going to mass at 10:30 this morning, Father Tim's homily was about how when you are at crossroads you should "Be NOT afraid" All i can do is smile.
God planted that seed, and then when i doubted that it was actually him, he reinforces it :)

All i can say is AMEN my Heavenly Father is amazing! And i never thought i would have this kind of connection, but all i can do is praise him for it and listen to what he has to say to me :)

God Bless,
Ashley

1 comment:

Kami said...

It's such an important thing for us to listen for God's voice in our lives. There is a very specific reason that He tells us "be still and know that I am God". It's so important for us to take time to be still and acknowledge Him as our Creator and our Savior. When we're always going and crazy busy, we tend to think less about God and tend to acknowledge Him less. There is extreme importance in the beauty of being still before Him.

Proud of you, as always, my dear! Love you!