February 24, 2010

My God Loves Me Anyway

"Some people tell me that i look kind of funny
my nose is red and the braces don't work at all
they say the clothes i wear are all out of fashion
i don't fit in and should be shopping at a different mall
i studied classical piano
when i could've been playing guitar
i used to drive an el camino
and i'm not even sure it's car

Chorus:
i'm no cool but that's okay
my god loves me anyway
i'm not cool but that's alright
i'm still precious in his sight
i'm not cool but i don't care
how i'm supposed to do my hair
i'm not cool but that's okay
my god loves me anyway



it doesn't matter if i know all the lingo
he doesn't mind if i'm not hanging with a certain crowd
some people still believe in building an image
but i am finding that's a worry i can do without
i used to wish i was athletic
but football was never my game
i made some friends in mathematics
but no one can spell my last name

chorus
he says that i am a one of a kind
and i don't have to try to be somebody else
he believes in me and says i'm free to be myself
i can be myself"

Hey All! :)

So i hope that you all enjoyed my post from yesterday afternoon :) And by God and all his AMAZINGNESS on my way to the Purity Ball (White Rose Waltz) Meeting the song posted above was played on the radio and all i could do was smile :) What a perfect song right after the post i made the night before! :) God is soo good! :)

The song really relates to my life, and pretty much all of the things listed in the song have happened in my life haha and its so true though! I mean wow! Just because i dont fit into the "norm" of what society and high school portray is not something that i should conform to at all. And my prayer this morning along with Bible verse was...
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.--- Romans 12:2. Praying for strength today" And wow it totally fits! :)

Lately i have been finding myself wanting and wanting to take that time before bed and not only pray but write in my prayer journal as well. I know that God knows whats all going on in my life, but at the same time, here i can write it out all that i want and need to pray for. It also helps me relax and just be in the presence of God and all of his wondrous deeds :)

Things have been going on in my life and recently it has been hard to deal with. With me being a people pleaser and all of that it makes it more and more difficult. Ya know the feeling when things keep happening and they just should'nt be happening the way they are.. and all you want to do is SCREAM!?!? Take that as an example of the past couple days of my life haha, no lie. It has definately had its up's and down's let me tell you! But at the same time, i am moving away from those situations and trying not to focus on myself but more focus on WHO needs the help. With that i have been trying to be proactive and not focus on myself in every situation, because the thing is... I am not the only one with thing going on in my life. And there are situations worse than mine out there. And if anything i should be thanking God for what i have and what i have been given more than focusing on the bad.

So i think that if it is something i am conciously going to work on, why dont you all as my readers try to do the same? It is completely up to you, but maybe as something during Lent (if you are Catholic, because it is all about sacrifice) or if you just plain want to do it! :) Step out of yourself and look at the broader picture :) Let me know if you are up to the challenge and how it goes for you! :) I would love to hear your personal testimony on stepping out of yourself and looking at the broader picture, what a way to serve God and his people :) if you would like to get in contact with me feel free to comment here or email me at ashleywalz@gmail.com :)

Good Luck and May God Bless You All!,
Ashley

No comments: