February 10, 2010

5 Year Plan

Hey lovely readers!! Just thought i would share with you all a paper that i had to write for my Careers class :) hope you all enjoy!

God Bless,
Ashley

5 year Plan Paper


Ashley Walz Hour 3

Looking ahead into my future can be difficult, but exciting at the same time. Some days I feel sure about what I want to do, but then other days I am completely lost. In these past few days I have examined my semester goals, future goals and the strategic planning guide to help me follow through with these goals.

It was interesting to try and come up with goals for the semester, I knew what I want to do but at the same time putting it into words is very difficult. My first main goal that I really desire to achieve is to bring up my GPA by the end of the semester. This is really something that I would love to be able to accomplish, because it would give me a sense of accomplishment and plus it would be much better for colleges to see on my transcript. I feel that if I work hard, and study more I can raise my GPA. I also think that teachers could help my by encouraging me and also helping me when I need it the most. My next goal was to excel in my first year of throwing in track. This is something new for me and I am really excited! At the same time I really want to do the best I can and prove to my coach and my team that I can do it. I feel that if I work out, and lift weights to help better myself. My coach would be the main person to help me by teaching and encouraging me along the way. Last but not least my final goal is to take my ACT for the first time this spring. By using the ACT prep software that I have at home and also studying I feel that those steps will help me to achieve my goal. The only person who can really help me to succeed is myself by working hard and preparing.

Yesterday when I sat down to write out my priorities I was able to come up with ten different priorities, family, education, faith, career, friends, health, morals, church, volunteer, and helping others. Right now I am going to focus on my top three priorities that I feel are most important. Family is the most important thing to me, I love my family at home and I also long to have a husband and children when I am older. While “planning” out how I can achieve this I found it difficult. I found this difficult because I am very into church and my faith, and as for my future with a husband and children, I have given it all to God. I want him to lead my life and take control. So saying that, it is difficult for me to say when I want to get married, or how many kids I want because it is all in God’s hands. The next top priority for me is faith. Throughout our lives we are/should be working towards God, and the things that I want to do to help me achieve that is attending daily mass, work with campus ministry in college, run at least one retreat, become a Eucharistic minister, become a youth minister, volunteer and take a mission trip. Now looking back on those I know that there are more things that I will be called to in the future, but those are the things right now that excite me and motivate me. My third priority is Education. To me not that many people take their education seriously and want to excel in it. But that is different for me, I know how hard and how much I need to work to achieve my goals. A few things that I would like to do that relate to education are, request college information, apply for colleges, take the ACT, go on college visits, get accepted and many more. I know that is a lot of work but I feel that I am up to the challenge.

Going over and looking at my goals and where I want to be in five years, is exciting but at the same time it does scare me. I am glad that I know what steps need to be taken to help me along with my future so I am not totally in the dark. I am hoping that through these goals that I have set, I will achieve them to my best potential.

No comments: