February 10, 2010

Forgiveness

Forgiveness is an easy thing to say, but a hard thing to actually do. Throughout our lives we will be handed various situations, many things to deal with and some require many different skills.

To me I feel forgiveness is a key tool to any relationship. And for people like me who despise confrontation, which leads to any sort of argument/issue which leads to *hopefully* forgiveness, it is so easy for us to say that we "forgive" but inside we truly dont really mean it. How can people say something but inside hold on to the issue and not truly forgive?? I will own up and say that i was one of those people. After the whole situtation with my Ex boyfriend i said i forgived him, but inside of me.. was anything but forgiveness.

It was something i honestly wasnt sure how i could do it... i mean how could i forgive after how bad things were? I wasnt going to let him ever live it down... But thats before i had a heavenly father. I was so angry and so sad that it tore me to pieces, and why? Because i let the *evil one get to me. The evil one had control and made me think that it was ok to not forgive my ex, to still be mad and angry. But thank God, that He stepped in. He made me truly think about what i was doing and how was acting. I am so glad that he helped me. And i will never forget going to confession at YTM and FINALLY confessing what happened, i laid everything out.. and i sobbed.. BUT i had never felt sooo good!!

So the moral behind the story is the forgiveness from my Lord, helped me to forgive my ex and myself. So as i was saying... forgiveness is the key to any relationhip, even a heavenly one :)

**** Evil One-- Devil

3 comments:

Kami said...

Forgiveness is a huge thing - there's a lot of significance to forgiveness. It's not a coincidence that the Lord's prayer says "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us". Forgiveness is HUGE.

I'm proud of you for learning this lesson so early in life. It's not worth it to hang onto things that hurt because, in the end, it hurts a LOT more when you've held that for years as opposed to forgiving them from the start.

Anonymous said...

your ex-boyfriend was actually pretty nice.

Biggest Loser said...

??? Confused here since you did post anonymously on my page i have a hard time figuring out exactly how you would know that. Sorry