January 17, 2010

At The Foot Of The Cross



"At the foot of the cross
Where grace and suffering meet
You have shown me Your love
Through the judgment You received
And You've won my heart
And You've won my heart
Now I can

Trade these ashes in for beauty
And wear forgiveness like a crown
Coming to kiss the feet of mercy
I lay every burden down
At the foot of the cross"

A song that i have been falling asleep to each night, but do i really realize the meaning behind it???
(Let's back track!)

Being a catholic in a public high school is SUPER intimidating. I feel the looks and the questioning of who I am and if they should even talk to me. I know it all goes on so its not anything new to me one bit. But even though i know its going on doesnt mean that it DOESNT effect me, because as much as i hate to admit it does affect me. 

In all honestly i really wish it didnt effect me, just to go on and blow it off, but its not as easy as it sounds. Thats where i find myself at the foot of the cross. 

Walking the halls i can feel and sense it. And i am ashamed to say that i want to hide from who/what i actually am. Thats where i find myself at the foot of the cross.

In high school in general you are judged and even looked down apon for what you wear, what you say, what you do and sadly enough what you believe. Acceptance is something that i can honestly say i dont come by easily with many people, but im working on coming to terms with it.
Thats where i find myself at the foot of the cross.

 Im not perfect, but i am who He wants me to be. I am praying that God will give me the strength to perserviere through this and let his light shine inside and out of me. Thats where I find myself at the foot of the cross.

So now looking back on this amazing song... wow does it mean a lot :) after all of the things that go on in my life, the good and the bad, eventually i find myself at the foot of the cross. And all i can do is just watch, with tears in my eyes, listen and wait. For he is the Lord my God. Forever i am grateful.

Thanks so much to Kym for going to Caribou with me to talk tonight. You really opened my eyes :)

If i can ask one thing of you readers is to pray for me right now, i just had to tell someone something that isnt easy. Please pray for me and this person, we both need it.

God Bless,
Ashley

1 comment:

A New Mom's Look said...

beautiful post Ashley. many prayers and blessings to you. keep writing and keep carrying your cross.