March 8, 2010

Saved By An Angel

Wow......

December 15th- My best friend was in 1st grade- Her life was changed from this day. Tim Olinger passed away in a fatal car accident on his way to work. Cindy Olinger was now a young single mother of 3 children in Monticello, MN.
Those are just a few details from a "story" that happens to be my best friend's life. DeDe and I have been friends since 5th Grade in Mrs. Kanthaks class. And from meeting her I never would of guessed that this happenned to her family.

Okay back story is over- because right now after what just happened to me i cant type out any more of the story with out crying...

So on my way home from running a few errands I decided to go visit Tim a St. Henry's Cemetary (which i do every once and awhile). I trudged through the snow because i had forgotten where he was laid to rest, but eventually i finally found him. I squatted down by his headstone and just talked to him. Though i have never met him i feel like i know him through DeDe and all the stories-He was a great man!! After talking to him for awhile i said good bye and headed to my car.

When i was about to whip the car around quickly to get on to the road i looked behind and in front of me and nothing was coming. So i cranked the wheel and turned as sharp as possible to try and get into the lane but i would of hit the curb- So just as i was about to put the car into reverse i look up at my dashboard and a big SUV comes flying right in front of me literally inches from the hood of my car. No horn no nothing.... Very startled and shocked and grateful that i wasnt hit- i get teary eyed, because i knew that Tim was watching over me, and made sure i wasnt hit..... sooo amazing... :)

Tim was such an amazing man and i truly wish i would of been able to meet him, because i was just truly saved by an angel..



God Bless,
Ashley

2 comments:

MiMi said...

Aww hunny that is so sweet. I truly believe he was watching over you, he likes you very much! He loves everyone and I think it's great you had your own encounter with him. I love you so much, and I'm glad you're not hurt!

Jessica said...

Wow Ash!! Praise the Lord above you weren't hurt! Great blog... brings tears to my eyes.