March 26, 2010

It Takes A Village

This has taken me awhile to actually sit and write this, its pretty hard. This is my next door neighbors house....
After track practice i went to go change and i checked my phone, i had lots of texts, missed calls, and voicemails asking if we were okay, whats going on? ect. I freaked out because i had no idea what was going on so i frantically called my mom. She told me that there had been a fire at the Hemann's House-Our next door neighbors home. I ran to my locker to get my stuff and ran out to my family friend's car and she drove me home.

We entered the development and i saw cars of people leaving the development that i knew from school, just coming to gawk. As we pulled into the culdesac i saw the pictures that i posted here. I lost it and started sobbing... i sat in the car for awhile until the tears stopped and i walked up to my house. The mom and dad of the family were standing in our driveway along with various neighbors. Dad and one of our neighbor's Nate went and got tons of KFC. We hosted MANY people at our house, neighbors, family members etc.

People in this community were so gracious and brought giftcards, clothes, toys etc... it was beyond belief! The red cross was there with in  few hours.
It brings me to tears to see how much people have helped out and wanted to do something to help this AMAZING FAMILY out! :)

If you would like to donate there has been a Wells Fargo Account Set up--- Hemann Family Fund. Or visit the facebook group that we have created! :) Thanks so much and please continue to keep this amazing family in your prayers :)

*The Walz family and surrounding homes got very lucky, that the fire didnt spread, but if it was any windier it would have... only damage to our house is melted siding and a broken window. God was definately there!




















http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=It+takes+a+village&init=quick#!/pages/Monticello-MN/It-Takes-A-Village-Help-the-Hemann-Family/384392045101?ref=search&sid=1349927745.2833054259..1

No comments: