December 18, 2009

Tobies, Stories, Buick, Mad Libs, Pride and Prejudice, Lift Bridge, Sweet Condo... its Graduation weekend :)

Hey all! :)

I'm sitting at a nice black table, surrounded by 3 amazing women. While the wonderful men in my life are on the couch watching sports, I can hear the water trickiling from my sisters bath upstairs. Topics of conversation are changing constantly. I put down Pride and Predjudice and decided that my family is WAY more important (Thank you sparknotes!).

So today....

Right after school we packed up and headed for Duluth, MN for my dad's graduation from St. Scholastica :) Grandma Fran (My dad's mom) rode up with us :) we were pretty shmooshed together but it was cuddly! :) Both Judith and I fell asleep on mom in the middle seat. For dinner we stopped in Hinkley, MN at Tobies. My parents told us stories about how after their wedding they headed for Duluth for their honeymoon and theys stopped at Tobies, so it was really cool :) Then headed on our way to Duluth :)

Judith, Mom and I had fun playing Mad Lib's on my ipod touch :) Heard more stories and then got excited to see all of the lights! :) Took us awhile to find our condo but when we did we were absolutely amazed! :) I will post pictures later, but to give you a visiual visit this web page, these are just the website's pictures i will post ours later when we get home :) http://www.beaconpointecondos.com/rentals-rates-floorplans.php

You walk in  to where it says our room number, and you come to 3 more doors, 2 connect to the main aera with a full kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 2 bath, 3 flatscreen tv's and a balcony. And the other door leads upstairs where there is a bedroom and a bathroom, couch, tv, and balcony. Grandma Fran gets a room in the main aera and Grandpa and Grandma Theisen get the other room in the main aera. Mom and dad get the bedroom upstairs, and we moved the couch matress along with the other matress upstairs in the "Penthouse". SO BEAUTIFUL! :) Feet away from the bottom of our condo is the shore of lake superior!

So far we are having a great time! :) Grandma and Grandpa Thiesen made it here which is such a blessing! :)

Hoping the weekend can only get better! :) Commencement is tomorrow! :) I am so proud my daddy! :) Cant wait! :) Signing off to go to bed! :)

God Bless,
Ashley :)

Dear Lord-

As I look toward the future


Bright hope conducts this prayer,

For I know the plans You have for me

Were wrought with divine care.



Holy Spirit, lead me.

Let me run at your command,

Yet be still and know that You are God

When trouble's close at hand.



Your Word will be a lamp for me,

A guide to light my way,

A solid place to set my feet,

A compass when I stray.



May I live my life to praise You,

Not for fortune, nor for fame,

May everything I say and do

Bring glory to your name.



May my eyes stay fixed upon You

As I seek the way that's pure,

Tasting your love and goodness

Sleeping and rising secure.



Planted by your living streams

I'll delight in all your ways,

Hidden by your sheltering wings

With new mercies for each day.



Even in a dangerous land

When storms threaten to destroy,

At the cross I'll stand upon the Rock

My Strength, my Hope, my Joy.



Dear Lord, show me your favor,

At all times keep me blessed,

May your face ever shine upon me,

With peace and perfect rest.

Amen.

No comments: