February 22, 2011

So much is happening!

Hello all!!
I am so sorry for my absence on this blog, but man life is busy.... Forgive me but I need to jump back into where I left off...

Counseling is going great, yes it is emotionally draining, but all of this stuff is something I have dealt with my entire life, so its not shocking all of the draining that is happening. What has really come out through my appointments is that there is only one true reason that these things are happening, and its because I am trying to fill a void, the void of not knowing that my dad really cared about me-and much more. I have always just tried to keep pushing through, like its no big deal, I'll just live with it and forget it, but for me, I cant seem to let it go because it is continuously effecting me in aspects of my life. I never ever thought in my wildest dreams that my dad would actually take responsibility for all the things that have happened in my life and try to work on them.... but I was WAY wrong.

Out of the blue dad and I just started talking and eventually all of it just came out....How he was sorry for doing all of that stuff to me. How he was sorry that he was the reason all of these guys have done things to me, because i was searching for some validation. & It went on and on and on... It was unbelievable!!! I couldnt believe it and it truly gives me hope that my dad and my relationship will get better with time. Its like he now see's it. No matter all that mom tried to tell him back when I was little, something just clicked. Its a wonderful answer to my prayers and I could not believe that all of it was happening! He wants to be a better dad which is something that i have always wanted and I am so blessed and I thank God for his leading hand in all of this. It was to the point that I gave it all to Him and look what he did with it :)

Please keep praying, right now I find this a crucial time for my dad and I, I can only hope that things will improve!,
God Bless,
Ashley

No comments: