January 23, 2011

Thankful for Friends-Tribute Speech

This is a speech that I wrote for my Interpersonal Class final :)

After having one of the most amazing faith-filled experiences of my life for two weeks the summer before my junior year, this lead me to make life-long friendships with amazing people, no matter how far apart we all live. But throughout this experience one girl touched my heart. Her name is Kristi Taraba and she is from Rochester, Minnesota. Sadly this means that 130 miles are standing in our way, so we cannot see each other as much as we would like but yet we still maintain the relationship that we started at YTM/”God Camp”. The no matter how far apart we may be I know deep in my heart that she loves me, and I love her just the same. During our time together that summer at St. Johns University for this camp, an incredible friendship was formed instantly and I cannot even try to describe what happened during those two weeks but from what I can fathom, it was AMAZING. Kristi and I both really didn’t know what to expect at this camp, lovingly refered to as “God Camp”, but after a few days we found that we were always together, and it felt like we had known each other for many, many years.




We all go through hard times but it is really how we deal with them and who we surround ourselves with that really helps us through. I cannot begin to count the number of times Kristi has done that for me, even if we are going through the same thing and even with the things we have had to endure together. It has stretched from a simple “thinking of you” text message to inviting me to a MercyMe & Jeremy Camp concert at the State Fair and squealing when we see each other, as we run to give each other a huge hug. She is always there, a phone call or text message away, she lifts me up with words of encouragement, small gestures and continuous compliments. Some day’s I really wonder what I ever did to deserve to call an amazing young woman like her, one of my best friends.







High school can definitely be a rough time, but isn’t it truly interesting that the things that we have to deal with in life always seem so difficult, but after the fact we realize that God really gave us all the help we need, in the form of “angels”, and I call mine Kristi. It never ceases to amaze me how at the drop of a hat she is always there for me, no matter what time, day or night she is there, even if it is just to chat. She knows me so well and loves me for who I am. Kristi continuously strives to make me believe in myself and my abilities, and also to love myself for who I am, for that I truly thank her.



This angel has done so much for me, just by being a true friend. Someone I can rely on, and count on when the going gets tough and all the days in between. Kristi has made me grow and realize things that I never thought I could, she made me spread my wings and fly to places I never thought I would be able to be. Now I cannot wait to watch her spread her wings, more than she already has, and fly.

No comments: