October 6, 2009

How to live in a Sex-Saturated World.

Hey all!!!

Well the title of this blog might of just tied you in! haha kidding
That is the "slogan" along with the new book that i just bought at Barnes and Noble. and So far its pretty good!

The Title caught my attention.... "Every Young Womans Battle... How to live a Christian life in a Sex Saturated world" Pretty amazing huh!??!?!? Fits the world today thats for sure!

The book is really good so far, and its really opening up my eyes.
I mean i thought i was alone, you know the wierd virgin girl kind of thing but in the large scheme of things im not!

To be completely truthful its tough to see all of the things that teenagers in my school are going through and it really breaks my heart and i pray for them daily so i urge you to pray for them as well. We need to get good role models out there for young women especially. So this ties into the fact that me and 2 friends are doing a service project called "White Rose Waltz" its a purity ball!!!! :) Still working out the details but we want it to be elegant, father daughter, dinner and dancing and a covenant with God to abstain from Sex until marriage. So i ask you to please pray for me and my friends and my AMAZING mentor Kym Allex. We need the prayers so God will guide us to inspire, empower and challenge these young ladies :)

Please pray for me tonight as i go to a teen leadership meeting and also present to the CCW (Council of Catholic Women) to ask for funding for our possible speaker.... who im trying so hard to keep to myself but i cant...i will give you a clue... "More Beautiful You"  Comment here if you think you know who it is!

Thanks for the prayers!
God Bless,
Ashley

1 comment:

Kami said...

Hey sweetie ...

I have a lot to say about this topic, like a LOT a lot. I'm so very proud of you - please know that! I would love to chat with you about this subject .. it's so dear to my heart. Let's do a Caribou soon, okay? I love you!